Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Computer, Site Direction

Over the weekend I was able to replace my old busted computer. The new hardware is much better suited to recording off of Dazzle, so I'm now able to get video going for specific boss fights and scenes. Things are busy right now because of the ongoing World Championship series for Vanguard, and the tournament scene there is at an all-time high so I have my hands full managing CFPro, but I've had KMR in my head as something that I really want to carry through all the way. Even though Pokemon X&Y are on the horizon, Kingdom Hearts is really where I feel the most comfortable, and with III getting closer rather than further away I have every reason to focus on this. I've been thinking over how to handle the presentation, my writing style tends to waver between being very spur of the moment and directly informative and I need to get better cohesion with how I discuss KH. As long as there aren't any hardware troubles I will be doing video for boss fights, keeping the screenshot format for normal gameplay, and maybe at some point I'll do a stream if I can work it out and people want to goof off watching raw play.

I actually had screenshots prepped for up through Traverse Town for a while now, but I think I lost most of them when my old computer died. My copy of Kingdom Hearts isn't leaving my PS2 until I'm finished because of some concerns I have with the disc's condition, and I probably won't get HD until Christmas, so I'll try and finish the first game before December 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment